Announcement by Max Heeres, Lost Tribe of Arizona
R2R2R (Ride 2 R2R) 2020
The Lost Tribe of Arizona will be hosting a 4-day ride through the scenic wild west from Phoenix to the R2R in San Diego. All JMA club members are invited.
Meet up in Phoenix Sunday evening 4/26/20 for dinner and pick up rental bikes the next morning. Ride 4 days to R2R. Ride back to Phoenix Sunday (360 miles) and return rental bikes in the afternoon.
Bike rentals - Rent from Monday morning 4/27/20 to Sunday afternoon 5/3/20 (a full week).
Rental options are:
EagleRider Mesa - at Desert Wind Harley Davidson, 480-285-0900Arizona Fun Time Rentals, 480-968-2522, 1215 N Scottsdale Rd, Tempe, AZAZ Ride Motorcycle Rentals, 480-970-5530, 9419 E San Salvador Dr #106B, Scottsdale, AZ
Hotel bookings – We have blocks of rooms at each hotel. Call and book your own rooms – group code JMA. The deadline for booking is March 26, 2020.
Confirmation - Please contact Max (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let him know you’re booked and if you have any questions.
Ride schedule and hotel details:
Arrival Day – Sunday 4/26/20
· Fly into PHX - Call hotel for airport shuttle
· Hotel: Inn Suites (Hotel Tempe) ($76.23 after tax, Group code – JMA)
480-897-7900 1651 W Baseline Rd, Tempe, AZ
· We will meet for dinner at the lobby at 6:00 PM
Day 1 – Monday 4/27/20
· Use hotel shuttle to get to bike rentals
· 11:00 KSU at Desert Wind Harley Davidson (Eaglerider agent) 922 S Country Club Dr, Mesa, AZ
· Ride up to Payson and over the Mogollon Rim, Sedona, Flagstaff, Williams.
· Hotel: Comfort Inn Near Grand Canyon ($132.57 after tax, Group code – JMA)
928-635-4045, 911 W Route 66, Williams, AZ
· Walk to dinner – Route 66 diner
Day 2 – Tuesday 4/28/20
· Ride Route 66 through Seligman, Hackberry, Kingman, Oatman, spend the night in Lake Havasu City.
· Hotel: Hampton Inn Lake Havasu City ($120.75 after tax, Group code – JMA)
928-855-4071, 245 London Bridge Road, Lake Havasu City, AZ
· Walk to dinner across London Bridge
Day 3 – Wednesday 4/29/20
· Ride down the Colorado River corridor, across the Mojave Desert, through Joshua Tree National Park, to Palm Springs.
· Hotel: Best Western Inn at Palm Springs ($96.52 after tax, Group code – JMA)
760-325-9177, 1633 S Palm Canyon Dr, Palm Springs
· Walk to dinner
Day 4 – Thursday 4/30/20
· Ride up Palms to Pines Highway over the Santa Rosa mountains, apple pie in Julian, down Wildcat Canyon to San Diego. Arrive at R2R early afternoon.
Exact routes available upon request. GPX files will be available at a later date.
Again, please let Max know you’re coming.